Articles worth reading

Pasig News

Pasig barangay expands scholarship

account_balancePasig chat_bubble_outline0 Comments

Barangay San Antonio (BSA) in Pasig City added 30 more students to its college scholarship program, according to a report by Manila Bulletin.

As of Oct. 13, 110 students are covered by the program. Six BSA college scholars have graduated recently.

Each of the barangay scholars is provided with a maximum of P50,000 financial aid a year and a P1,500 in monthly allowance.

As of Nov. 2020, each of the scholars also receives an ATM card for the safe distribution of their allowance.

BSA Chairman Ramond Lising also said that the BSA scholarship program prioritizes indigent students or students whose families lack stable income.

“The BSA Scholarship Program is an integral part of the social services of the barangay. It provides opportunities for individuals to pursue their studies even though they cannot really afford it,” said Lising.

A post on the Barangay San Antonio Twitter account @bsapasig announced that as far back as Oct. 2019, around P 1.5 million had already been distributed to members of the BSA scholarship program.

In 2019, the number of scholars had also increased from 17 to 82.

Prior to the pandemic, part of the scholarship agreement required scholars to perform voluntary community service in the BSA offices but this has since been discontinued due to the COVID-19 outbreak.

date_rangeDate Published
3 months ago
shareShare article
folder_openArticle tags
content_copyCategorized under

Share your thoughts with us

Related Articles

Paranaque to provide home care kits to Covid patients 

account_balanceParañaque chrome_reader_mode1 week ago

Paranaque City Mayor Edwin Olivarez said all residents positive for COVID-19 and undergoing home quarantine will receive home care kits, according to a report by Manila Bulletin. Olivarez said relatives of positive COVID-19 patients must show p...

Quezon City taps more contact tracers 

account_balanceQuezon City chrome_reader_mode1 week ago

The Quezon City government has hired 350 additional contact tracers amid the surge of COVID-19 cases, particularly in the National Capital Region (NCR), according to a report by GMA News. In a statement, the Quezon City government said they hir...

Let's Stay Connected Like us on our Facebook page.
×
Click on the article to continue reading
Quezon City adopts no contact apprehension system Red Cross pushes saliva test Vaccines from COVAX to arrive in Q1 Makati Shangri-La to close doors on Feb. 1 Cities in NCR to start vaccination simultaneously Mother, girlfriend of Filipino infected with UK variant also test positive Send Press Release MNC Facebook Page MNC Twitter Page MNC Instagram Page LGU Spotlight Barangay Front Business Sports Entertainment Metro Gen Metro Feature