Metro Manila News
Skyway builder to close Araneta-Aurora intersection for 7 nights
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority announced the closure of Araneta-Aurora intersection in Manila starting August 15 (Thursday) from 11 pm to 5 am for 7 consecutive nights.
This is to give way to the launching of girder for the Skyway Stage 3 Project.
An average of 17,000 to 18,000 vehicles will be affected by the closure. They are advised to take the following routes:
FOR LIGHT VEHICLES:
1. From Shaw Boulevard/ V. Mapa, take straight towards Magsaysay Blvd. then Santol Street, right at Palanza, Landargun or Bayani Road, left at G. Araneta to destination and vice versa;
2. Vehicles from Cubao towards Manila area, along Aurora Blvd., right at Guirayan St., left at Palanza, left at Tomas Arguelles St. or Santol St. to Magsaysay Blvd. to destination;
3. Vehicles coming from N. Domingo and Blumentritt, take F. Roman, H. Lozada St. and J. Ruiz St.
4. Vehicles coming from north: along C-3 Sgt. Rivera, right at Bayani, Landargun and Palanza St., left at Santol St., left at Magsaysay Blvd., and take V. Mapa, Old Sta. Mesa to destination
1. From Quezon Avenue, E. Rodriguez Ave., straight towards España Blvd., left Lacson Ave. straight towards Nagtahan to destination (vice versa); or
2. Take Magsaysay Blvd., right at V. Mapa to Shaw Blvd. to destination and vice versa.
The Skyway Stage 3 which is one of the key projects under the “Build, Build, Build” program will connect Buendia to Balintawak. It is seen to reduce travel time for 15 to 20 minutes from the current 2 hours.
The Quezon City Engineering Department (QCED) is taking advantage of the monsoon break by declogging the drainage systems in the city’s public markets as flood mitigation measures. QCED Road Maintenance Division chief Engr. Manny Quintos said ...
For the first time in the history of the UAAP, a girls' basketball tournament will be held as demonstration sport. The tournament will start either on October 26 or 27, according to event sub-host National University. "It's long overdu...
Manila Mayor Francisco “Isko Moreno” Domagoso berated policemen at Manila Police District (MPD) Station 9 for failing to address an illegal terminal near the Ospital ng Maynila early Sunday. As the Manila Mayor was doing his rounds, he n...
Two ambassadors paid a courtesy call to Manila Mayor Isko Moreno on Wednesday to share best practices in urban development. Moreno met the delegation from the European Union (EU) led by Ambassador Franz Jessen in which they exchanged ideas and ...
The number of passengers served by Metro Rail Transit Line 3 along EDSA plummeted by 26 percent in 2018 after the Department of Transportation (DOTr) took over the operations of the line from the Busan Joint Venture, according to the Commission on Au...
Some 49 inmates at the Navotas City Jail have earned diplomas through the Alternative Learning System. Fifteen graduated from elementary and 34 from high school. In his speech, Mayor Toby Tiangco urged the graduates to continue to do good and striv...