Metro Manila News
Skyway builder to close Araneta-Aurora intersection for 7 nights
The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority announced the closure of Araneta-Aurora intersection in Manila starting August 15 (Thursday) from 11 pm to 5 am for 7 consecutive nights.
This is to give way to the launching of girder for the Skyway Stage 3 Project.
An average of 17,000 to 18,000 vehicles will be affected by the closure. They are advised to take the following routes:
FOR LIGHT VEHICLES:
1. From Shaw Boulevard/ V. Mapa, take straight towards Magsaysay Blvd. then Santol Street, right at Palanza, Landargun or Bayani Road, left at G. Araneta to destination and vice versa;
2. Vehicles from Cubao towards Manila area, along Aurora Blvd., right at Guirayan St., left at Palanza, left at Tomas Arguelles St. or Santol St. to Magsaysay Blvd. to destination;
3. Vehicles coming from N. Domingo and Blumentritt, take F. Roman, H. Lozada St. and J. Ruiz St.
4. Vehicles coming from north: along C-3 Sgt. Rivera, right at Bayani, Landargun and Palanza St., left at Santol St., left at Magsaysay Blvd., and take V. Mapa, Old Sta. Mesa to destination
1. From Quezon Avenue, E. Rodriguez Ave., straight towards España Blvd., left Lacson Ave. straight towards Nagtahan to destination (vice versa); or
2. Take Magsaysay Blvd., right at V. Mapa to Shaw Blvd. to destination and vice versa.
The Skyway Stage 3 which is one of the key projects under the “Build, Build, Build” program will connect Buendia to Balintawak. It is seen to reduce travel time for 15 to 20 minutes from the current 2 hours.
Two companies have launched the Cavite-Manila Ferry Service on December 7 and agreed to offer it for free to passengers for a month. During the launch of the project dubbed “#OkayKaFerryKo”, ferry operators Seaborne Shipping Co...
The Department of Public Works and Highways-National Capital Region (DPWH-NCR) said it completed the rehabilitation of Don Alejandro Roces Avenue in Quezon City. Director Ador G. Canlas said, the Quezon City II District Engineering Office intently h...
Cited for its 99% compliance and response rate in the implementation of the Freedom of Information (FOI) program, the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) received for the second consecutive year the FOI Champion Award under the Agency Ca...
Private companies have until December 24 to release the 13th-month pay of their employees, according to Labor Secretary Silvestre Bello III. “This is a reminder to our employers not to forget. The law is clear that you have to give your e...
Poverty incidence among the population in Metro Manila or the National Capital Region (NCR) fell to 2.3 percent in 2018 from 4.1 percent in 2015, according to the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA). This was the lowest poverty rate among the 17 r...
Malacañang has congratulated the athletes and coaches from 11 participating nations who competed at the 30th edition of Southeast Asian (SEA) Games which concluded with a festive closing ceremony in New Clark City, Tarlac. In a statement...